Monday, August 17, 2009

Release day - How to prepare

It's another release day. Today the "Friction" anthology releases. My story is called "Sorry Charlie". I bet you can't guess the name of one of my heroes. :) What do authors do to get ready for their release days? Here's what I usually do and what I'm doing for this book. I request as many interviews at online romance magazines as I can. Ditto for guest blogger spots. Heads up! I'm the guest blogger today at both www.romanceinthebackseat.com and http://www.jeannestjames.com Please stop in and leave me a comment. I'll also be the blogger Wednesday August 19th at http://romeroticawriters.blogspot.com/ I write short stories that I submit to online romance magazines. Sometimes they give me extra promotion for free and sometimes not. The stories are promotional of themselves. I purchase whatever ads online and off that I can afford. I post to my romance reading loops for several days before and after the release. I try to stay active inbetween so it's not seen as a drive by posting. I also tweet on Twitter several times a day every day. When I have a release, I'll schedule tweets during the work day using tweet later as I can't access Twitter from the day job. My Twitter is automatically linked to my Facebook account so it does double duty. So are my TwitPics which is also linked to my phone. I post to my MySpace bulletin board. I blog on this, my main blog, but also on my other blogs - MySpace, Facebook, Bitten By Books, etc. I line up chats. This coming Wednesday August 19th from 7-9 pm EST some of my fellow Friction authors and I will be chatting at www.romanceinthebackseat.com. Please come and join us. Run contests. I've been running contests giving away copies of my older ebooks and even some collectible Ellora's Cave cards I still have from 2006. I always try to visit other blogs. It's also a great way to make friends and stay current with what's happening in the romance writing industry. I'd like to know what other authors do in preparation. As per today's release, "Friction", it's a collection of M/M stories for sale atTotal-E-Bound. Sorry Charlie by Ashley Ladd Charlie's dad wants to make up after a 17-year family feud... He's overjoyed, excited, and nervous as hell that his father is finally accepting his sexual orientation and speaking to him after a 17-year family feud but Charlie can't understand why his long-term partner Jonathan is acting jealous and clingy, when he should be happy for him or at least supportive. Jon's afraid Charlie's family will hurt him again and he doesn't know if he can mend Charlie's heart if it shatters a second time or stand by and watch while Charlie sets himself up for more heartbreak.

4 comments:

Amber Skyze said...

Friction sounds interesting. Will have to do some shopping this week. Happy Release! :)

Lynnette Labelle said...

Go to know. I'm not there yet, but I will be.

If you happen to know a romance writer (or someone who writes adult fiction with romantic elements), please send them to my blog. We're looking for a new member to join our romance critique group. Thanks.

Lynnette Labelle
http://lynnettelabelle.blogspot.com

Shelley Munro said...

Congrats on your new release. I should be gearing up to do promo for my next release too. :)

Sandra Cox said...

Congrats on the release:)

Website Content and Copy: Ashley Ladd, 2008.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.
Graphics hosted by Flickr.