Thursday, October 01, 2009

Friday Fill-ins: October 2nd


Happy Friday! TGIF

Here are my answers to today's Friday Fill-ins.


1. I have a history of going boldly where no woman has gone before - writing paranormal time-travel and futuristic space romances.

2. How to play the stock market and make money is something I wish I knew.

3. I'm eating (or recently ate) tongue-burning Mongolian Beef.

4. Tomorrow morning bright and early, hubby will be on the road to a softball tournament for the entire weekend. I'm free!

5. So that's it, that's tough.

6. To have love and lost is better than nothing!

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to watching Smallville, tomorrow my plans include editing two books and visiting with my grandchildren and Sunday, I want to see my friends Linda and Linda or travel in 23rd century space with Captain Kirk and Mr. Spock.

I also want to find a good, used Sony e-reader or e-reader type device. 


I checked around online tonight for a bit to find an affordable e-reader that hopefully also can play MP3 music. 


A phone that has an e-reading device, an MP3 player, and a camera would be really awesome. I will have to spend some serious time this weekend trying to find out if there is such an animal and if so, what it (they) is called and where I can get one.


Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of money to play with and so I'm open to buying a used one if it's in good working order. Refurbished is okay.


I checked out E-bay but they all seemed to be new for $300 and more.




Smart Bitches had a few e-Reader reviews recently so I'll have to reread their opinions and start from there - unless someone comments here with some sage advice.


If you don't know what an e-Reader is, it's a hand-held electronic device on which you read books - electronic books - like the ones I write. 


They are about the size of a book although different brands and versions vary in size.


I want one that can download books from any publishers website, not only from Amazon (Kindle). Unfortunately, Amazon doesn't carry all my publishers' books, only some. I don't understand the logic.


I also want an e-Reader where I can upload my own books so I can edit my work on the go. I used to do that with my Franklin e-book reader, but I'm afraid it went to the e-book reader heaven a long time ago. Compared to the newer version, the Franklin is pretty clunky and heavy.




Recent posts you might like to read:

Welcome to the Spookiest Month of the Year (+ Ouija Boards)


Sayonara Baby

Don't Bomb Your Audience With Turkeys

Are You Writing Me Into Your Book?

Dont Give Up Too Early



You'll also want to see what Amarinda Jones, Anika Hamilton, Anny Cook,
Barbara Huffert, Brynn Paulin, Bronwyn Green, Dakota Rebel, Kelly Kirch,
Molly Daniels, Sandra Cox, Regina Carlysle, and Cindy Spencer Pape
are up to, so make sure to visit them also. :)



14 comments:

marites1034 said...

#1 sounds quite intriguing and we have the same wish with #2. have a good weekend!

Joanne said...

I wish for #2 as well :)

Happy weekend. I played as well -> http://www.joannemv.com/?p=188

Beth said...

Thanks for stopping by.
I hope you do get back to church. The prayer meeting at work sounds good.

Lulu said...

i wish #2 too!

I also love mongolian beef
My Friday Fill-in entry

Rechie said...

great answers...i had been curious about stock market thing too

http://chuchieshideaway.blogspot.com/2009/10/friday-fill-ins-10.html

rjs mama said...

i want to learn about #2 also

Diana_CT said...

It is neat that you write SiFi, my favorite writer is Marion Zimmer Bradley - The Darkover Series.

lollipoplamia said...

hope your weekend goes well!

Unknown said...

Liking #2, good luck on the e reader hunt and have a great weekend :)

Marice said...

im a smallville fanatic too! :)

mine is up too

Linda Kage said...

Happy Friday to you!

Love your fill-ins. And Mongolian Beef sounds interesting. What's that taste like? (of course, ANY food sounds interesting to me these days!)

And you'd fit well with my sister's family. They LOVE Smallville. I just love staring at Tom Welling.

Sherrie said...

Hi!
Great list! I would love to learn #2 myself. Have a great day!

Sherrie

The Redhead Riter said...

I do not believe #6 any more.



6. To have love and lost is better than nothing!

Nita said...

Great answers. My husband and I are into stock market business for over a year now.

Cheers,
Nita

Website Content and Copy: Ashley Ladd, 2008.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.
Graphics hosted by Flickr.