Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Doodles???

What in the hell is a doodle??? According to my son it's not the cute little squiggly things people draw when bored out of their skull. It's his "thingie". Where he got that term, I haven't a clue. That's the first time I've heard a penis called that. I'm reading the Kama Sutra right and it calls the man's private part the "lingham" and the woman's the "yoni". My step m-i-l used to call the girls' yoni a "froggie". I googled "pet names for private areas" and the first ranking return was at Yahoo Answers "Do your private parts have pet names?" Here are some of the responses: For her: ladys garden Puffin beaver Little Miss flower Tinkle foo foo Lu Lu front bum minnie moo wilma tu-tu's betty lou plum moo moo minnie popo muffy birdie kitty tweetie For him: Rod Straight Love cannon My friend downstairs willies winkle dinkie ABC.... ***-balls-connector mickey Not sure which: noonoo ninkynonk nonny cooch Here's a list at Hitched Magazine if you're up for more naughty and silly pet names. WOMEN Va-jay-jay Lady Business Lady Parts Hoo-Ha Chotch Cootchie Box Princess Miss Kitty Na-Na Taco Belle MEN Schlong Unit Pokey Hoodilly Mr. P Junk Peen Wang Pe-nay-nay "D" Silver Surfer Do you have any different ones? I know most people use these nicknames to protect their young childrens' innocence. Some are just being weird. Some are repeating what they learned as children. Somehow, I think my editor would have a conniption if I used any of these in an erotic romance. Come on. How sexy or romantic is "minnie" or "junk"? Don't miss my post tomorrow at Total-E-Bound's Hitting the Hot Spot blog about how "I want to spank my characters". :) You'll also want to see what Amarinda Jones, Anika Hamilton, Anny Cook, Barbara Huffert, Brynn Paulin, Bronwyn Green, Dakota Rebel, Kelly Kirch, Molly Daniels, Sandra Cox, Regina Carlysle, and Cindy Spencer Pape are up to, so make sure to visit them also. :)

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

Yes...you're missing 'pud' for penis. When I met my husband, he thought it was the funniest thing in the world that had no clue what a 'pud' was!

I run out of names for private parts in my writing. Some sound too clinical while others sound too silly and childish. Others...way too raunchy for my liking!!

ShrinkingEmerald said...

When I was little, it was "diddle" for girl-parts and "willy" for boy parts... Which, especially the former, I still find a bit 'ick'.

As for in erotica writing, I have such a problem at times... Like Stephanie said, some are too clinical and some too childish.. then you have those that are just plain corny!

It's a bit of a minefield to say the least I think!

LF x

Unknown said...

I forgot "Tilly" for the man's pet names. That's what they call it in Jamaica. And my friend's grandma was named Tilly.

HockeyVampiress said...

LOL I have forgotten hearing some of those names... with 4 boys believe it or not we never really had names for it... I always just told them to keep their parts clean... my brother calls his 6 month old son Jacob with the no hooded wang.... as for me I never really called it anything either... I have peeves that I don't like it called but no real preference.... sorry I missed the chat at Coffee time tonight.... oh yeah I do have to add my other brothers 6 and 8 yo girls call their boobies Sharpies.... yes I have a weird family

The Redhead Riter said...

I thought I was all hip, but I hadn't heard most of them! Geesh!

Actually, I taught my daughter the medical names and we used that until she became a teenager and then she told me we didn't have to talk about THAT any more...LOL

Stopping by with a little bloggie love tonight!

Holly Jahangiri said...

Why - HOW - do people come up with some of these??!

Tell your husband you were confused; "pud" is apparently also an Urdu word for "fart." See who gets the last laugh.

anny cook said...

Heh. My favorite for the fellas was tallywhacker...but then, I think I just like the way it sounds...

Website Content and Copy: Ashley Ladd, 2008.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.
Graphics hosted by Flickr.