Tuesday, June 22, 2004

A day in the life...

I'm romantica author, Ashley Ladd. I publish contemporary and futuristic romanticas for New Concepts Publishing and Ellora's Cave. I'm just finishing up a vampire romance for Ellora's Cave. Then I have to add pages to another vampire romance for NCP. www.ellorascave.com and www.newconceptspublishing.com I went to my day job for a non-profit charity that serves the poor of the Caribbean and Latin America, bright and early. I am NOT a morning person. I dropped two kids off at summer camp first. Then I had a series of calls throughout the day from my 20 and 22 year olds to complain about the 23 year old who's moving back home with his wife and son. The whine in their voice was "Mommy!" Lordy! I did say 20 and 22, not 2. I wrote two outlines for two new novellas I'm scheduled to appear in. One for NCP and one for our Enchanted Holidays II anthology. Enchanted Holidays I is being published by HardShell Word Factory in October 2004 at www.hardshell.com I'm dieting so I walked for a grand total of 80 minutes today - 20 minutes at work and 60 minutes while the kids were in their church youth meetings tonight. That earned an additional 5 points for me. But I'm rather exhausted and too tired to work on my wip (work in progress). Still, I'm pretty happy that I wrote two outlines. I'll have to do some virgin writing and editing tomorrow. I'm anxious to hand in my vampire romances and get started on fresh blood. Oops! The vampire romances are doing something to me. I can't wait for the day when I can write full time, or at least more hours. I'm grateful for the time I get to write now and for being published. But as great as that is, my big, noisy family is my biggest joy and blessing - even when they're too noisy for me to write or even read.

No comments:

Website Content and Copy: Ashley Ladd, 2008.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.
Graphics hosted by Flickr.