The most important thing first: The winner of my February 2008 free download book give away is:
And because I'm way behind, I'm also awarding a book to a lucky winner for January 2008.
Please email me with your email address and tell me which one of my Total-e-Bound books you would like to have as your prize. To check out my books to make your decisions visit: www.total-e-bound.com or www.ashleyladd.com
If you'd like a chance to win a free download of one of my books next month, leave at least one comment on my blog anytime during the calendar month. It's that easy. The more comments you make, the more chance you have of winning. :)
Now for some fun stuff.
DJ Kirby http://djkirkby.blogspot.com/ tagged me to do this and since I'm a sucker for these things, I'll play. The rules: Post these rules on your blog and links where appropriate. Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself. Tag six random people and let them know they've been tagged.
Here's my six random things:
1) I'm a list maker. I make lists of everything: my daily schedule. my to-do list. names for my characters. traits for my characters. etc. etc. I usually have them in steno pads which are all over the house and my car. It's a family joke about WHICH steno pad has my most recent daily list.
2) I love moldy oldies music. I listened to the 50's, 60's, and a bit of the 70's music all through the 80's and 90's and so skipped right over that music. We have a great oldies station called Majik I was addicted to.
3) I like to climb trees and sit in the limbs and just ponder life as I watch the world pass by. At least when I'm in Ohio at my dad's house. I used to do it all the time as a kid.
4) I like to catch fireflies.
5) I'm a walker. I like to walk on breaks, when my daughter practices softball, and after work at night - either at the gym or one of the local parks and sometimes around town. I strap on my MP3 player and just go. I get a lot of really good book plotting done while walking.
6) I like to go to sleep watching movies. It has to be a movie I've seen over and over or else it will keep me awake. Independence Day and The Mummy and Day After Tomorrow are the main three. Also Left Behind (the first in the series). Sometimes Pillow Talk. The only problem is, now that hubby's on day shift, the movies keep him up, so I can't do this much anymore and then I stay awake thinking for hours. :(
Kim Cox at: http://kimcox.blogspot.
Maggie May at: http://granniemay.blogspot.com/
Anny Cook at: http://annycook.blogspot.com/
Brynn Paulin at: http://brynnpaulin.blogspot.com/
Bronwyn Green at: http://bronwyngreenblog.blogspot.com/
I got this award from DJ Kirby's site: http://djkirkby.blogspot.com/
DJ got it from Tom Foolery . As you can see it's a Busy Bee award award.
I think it's cute and I think it's even more special that Tom Foolery made this as a present to bloggers when it was her birthday. Here's wishing Tom Foolery a very happy belated birthday.
And for a little more hodge podge. I attended my future cousin-in-law's (Jen) bridal shower yesterday and for the first time (that I recall) that my cousin Debbie has my eyes. Or since she's older than me, maybe I have her eyes. We have the same green/hazel eyes.
Of course Debbie and I are first cousins, but it's on my mom's side and my mom had light gray or light blue eyes. The way I'd learned biology and eye characteristics is that blue-eyed people can only pass down two blue eyed recessive genes to their children. So I always figured I got my eyes from my brown-eyed father.
So either what I learned was incorrect - well, that was in the 70's - a lot could have been discovered since then. Or, it's a total coincidence that Debbie has my eyes. I'll have to look it up online in a moment. If I find anything, I'll be back with an update.