Saturday, July 19, 2008

What we can learn from dogs

An email came to me at work yesterday and it struck me that I should be more like my dogs and cats. They have the life, don't they? They don't have to go to work every day and listen to bitchy people who want to tear you down. They don't have to fight rush hour traffic. They don't worry about what to wear or how to fix their hair and make-up. They don't pay rent, electric, or any other bill. They can sleep and play whenever they like. Here's the email: If a dog was the teacher you would learn stuff like: When loved ones come home, always run to greet them. Never pass up the opportunity to go for a joyride. Allow the experience of fresh air and the wind in your face to be pure ecstasy.. When it's in your best interest, practice obedience! Let others know when they've invaded your territory. Take naps. Stretch before rising. Run, romp, and play daily. Thrive on attention and let people touch you. Avoid biting when a simple growl will do. On warm days, stop to lie on your back in the grass. On hot days, drink lots of water and lie under a shady tree. When you're happy, dance around and wag your entire body. No matter how often you're scolded, don't buy into the guilt thing and pout. Run right back and make friends. Delight in the simple joy of a long walk. Eat with gusto and enthusiasm. Stop when you have had enough. Be loyal. Never pretend to be something you're not. If what you want lies buried, dig until you find it. When someone is having a bad day, be silent, sit close by and nuzzle them gently. I'd also like to invite you to hop over to http://romeroticawriters.blogspot.com/ where I'm the poster today and read about why I feel like Clark Kent. :) Also, find out how to win a free copy of my new TEB release "Liquid Heat". Monday, July 21st, I have a new book coming out at Total-E-Bound.com called "Liquid Heat" which is part of the Heat Wave sizzling summer series. Here's a blurb. I'll award one free copy to a lucky commentor on the Rom Erotica Writers blog so make sure you leave me a comment on today's post (Saturday July 19th, 2008). Joshua Daly never dreamed he’d fall in love with a man, but when he’s stranded in a nudist colony, it's the super sexy Paul Norris that he wants.When Joshua Daly wrecks in Georgia, aka Hillbilly Hell, he’s put up by his rescuer, Paul, while his car’s being repaired—in a nudist colony. He thought he’d be turned on by all the heavenly female bodies, but to his surprise Paul’s beautiful bod is the one that turns him on. It’s not his fiancée Carole who makes him hesitate to shuck his clothes and give up the corporate life; he’s not sure a Yankee will be welcome in the deep South. Isn't that cover hot? Whew!

2 comments:

Phoenix said...

I'm getting this book when it comes out. I'm fascinated by it. It might be the nudist colony thing which has me intriqued but I'll take my excuses where I find them.

Alas I am a cat person. Sleep, hang out alone, wait to be served on, purr when scratched well....

Unknown said...

I'm a cat person for sure, but I'm finally also becoming a dog person.

I definitely purr when rubbed and I love to take lots of naps. :)

Website Content and Copy: Ashley Ladd, 2008.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.
Graphics hosted by Flickr.