Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Research: Yahoo Answers

Wow! DD#2 told me about a great research tool tonight and it's already helped a lot with my wip. It's Yahoo Answers. My wip is a time travel which goes back to 1979 - a good round 30 years. Although I loved the latter 70's as I was a teenager and those were my high school years, I couldn't remember any slang except "foxy lady" and I wasn't sure if that was already dated by '79. I'd Googled everything I could think of: slang, jargon, culture, history, sayings, expressions... I wasn't getting ANYTHING! Then DD#2 asked what I was doing so I told her. Then she told me about this nifty sight - Yahoo Answers and she told me how to use it. (She uses it to help with her homework. Um...) Within MINUTES - literally! I had 4 answers. One in particular was great. It gave me a link to 70's slang with over 500 sayings from the 70's. I'm in love and a huge fan now. To get there and start using it, go to www.yahoo.com If you're not already signed up with yahoo, you have to sign up. Then click on "Answers" on the left hand column (toward the top). Then click on "Ask". Then type in your question. You can add a little description beneath if you like. And then you put it in the appropriate category. I set my settings so that Yahoo would email me with answers and so I don't even have to remember to go back to Yahoo to check. It comes to me. It's so EASY! So now, I'm also going to ask you what other good research sites you use. I'd also like to know what neat things you remember about the latter 1970s. What you see as big differences between now and the late 1970s. Ike update for South Florida. We've only been getting some wind and extremely gloomy skies. We haven't gotten any rain like predicted, at least not yet. The trees are all blowing to the west. It looks like a scene from Gilligan's Island on one of their storm episodes, just without the rain. Haiti, however, was devastated. My charity has always helped Haiti and now they need help more than ever. If you want more news or if you'd like to find out how to help, please visit: http://www.foodforthepoor.org You'll also want to see what Amarinda Jones, Anika Hamilton, Anny Cook, Barbara Huffert, Brynn Paulin, Bronwyn Green, Dakota Rebel, Kelly Kirch, Molly Daniels, Sandra Cox, Regina Carlysle, and Cindy Spencer Pape are up to, so make sure to visit them also. :)

No comments:

Website Content and Copy: Ashley Ladd, 2008.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.
Graphics hosted by Flickr.