Sunday, November 02, 2008

Changing over to the new TV's

You HAVE to watch this video, especially if you have to update your TV so it will work after the switch over. That looks a lot like me when I try to do something with technology - electronically or mechanically anyway. Did I ever tell you the story of when I was in the Air Force? I scored high on 3 out of 4 parts of the AAFEES test - 95 overall/general, 90 electronics, 95 admin, and 25 mechanical. At the time (1979) the Air Force was trying to put more women in traditionally men's jobs. They saw my 90 in electronics and got excited and talked me into going into Computer Repair and Maintenance. They didn't listen to me that I totally guessed on the electronics part of the test or my reluctance to to go into such a job. They assured me the test showed my aptitude. What they failed to tell me, is that the job dealt a lot with mechanics, too. So I looked about as adept as the lady in the video above. To my plus side, I'm a whiz in admin and using computers. WHY didn't they put me in admin??? Oh well. That's almost 30 years ago and I'm now in admin where I belong and where I'm thriving. And I let my husband and kids handle hooking up the TVs so we're all happy. You'll also want to see what Amarinda Jones, Anika Hamilton, Anny Cook, Barbara Huffert, Brynn Paulin, Bronwyn Green, Dakota Rebel, Kelly Kirch, Molly Daniels, Sandra Cox, Regina Carlysle, and Cindy Spencer Pape are up to, so make sure to visit them also. :)

3 comments:

barbara huffert said...

Yep, that's me!

Anonymous said...

LOL!!! GREAT video. Now I'm gonna have to go to YouTube to get the addy to send to assorted tech-lackies.

Sandra Cox said...

That video was too funny! Boy can I empathize:)

Website Content and Copy: Ashley Ladd, 2008.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.
Graphics hosted by Flickr.