Tuesday, December 30, 2008

2008 in Retrospect

What can I say about 2008? It wasn't the best year by far but it wasn't the worst. I had some Jimmy Stewart "It's A Wonderful Life" moments, so that was bad and then good. The hubby and I were both gainfully employed all year. I got a promotion and a raise. That was good. Number 1 son was held up at gun point, but the crook didn't hurt him, only got $35, and was caught. He lost his job but was snatched up by his part time second job right away. Number 2 son kept his job but was only working one day a week for several weeks. Number 1 daughter is looking for a job - still. I visited my family in Ohio this summer, went to Lori Foster's Readers' and Writers' event, and got contracted by a new publisher - The Wild Rose Press for "Always A Bridesmaid". We had a family reunion for my mom's side of the family at my cousin's wedding in May in Daytona Beach. So I had two vacations. Lots of years I don't get any. I had eight books published this year. I contracted several more for next year. I had a few rejections. Prices went WAY UP, so it seems like our salaries went WAY DOWN. I get a heart attack when I shop for groceries. Saltine crackers were $3.00 last night. $3.00! I killed two lap tops. The ear surgery I tried so hard to get approved, was denied. I probably forgot a few things, but they must not have been too big if they don't come to mind. I don't have any big plans for 2009 yet, except to keep writing, publishing books, and hopefully visit my family and friends in Cincinnati, again, and my cousins, aunt and uncle on the other side of Florida for a weekend at the beginning of the year, and to attend the Ren Fairre in February. Oh! And of course, watch daughter #2 play a lot of softball. What about you? You'll also want to see what Amarinda Jones, Anika Hamilton, Anny Cook, Barbara Huffert, Brynn Paulin, Bronwyn Green, Dakota Rebel, Kelly Kirch, Molly Daniels, Sandra Cox, Regina Carlysle, and Cindy Spencer Pape are up to, so make sure to visit them also. :)

1 comment:

barbara huffert said...

I'm going to strive to survive another day and hopefully add to my escape fund as I do it.

Website Content and Copy: Ashley Ladd, 2008.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.
Graphics hosted by Flickr.