Sunday, January 11, 2009

Yeah! It's January

I'm becoming a Scrooge. That's the only answer. I'm happy the holidays are over and that life is back to normal. I don't feel pressured to find the perfect gift, fight crowds, do this or that expected thing, or feel sad that I'm not with a particular someone or at more parties. I'm not bored after the festivities because the usual places I go are closed and plus I'm expected to do something else. The only thing I really miss are the two four-day weekends we got off the day job, one at Christmas and the other at New Year's. It'll be next Thanksgiving weekend before we get another. Of course, I love the Saviour and honor His birth. But that makes me feel worse that I'm relieved all the other hoopla is over. Maybe if I were up north with the snow and cold weather and snowmen, I'd feel differently. I honestly don't know anymore. I used to dislike January because it felt like such a let down after all the crazy festivities. But this year, January feels good. It seems normal which I'm craving. I am looking forward to my 29th wedding anniversary January 26th and a new book releasing the same day with Total-e-Bound.com called "Last Man On Earth". My son and daughter in law celebrated their tenth wedding anniversary yesterday. We're already back into softball and school. At the day job, we're preparing to switch website providers so we'll be learning an entirely new system this week. I am on a tight deadline this week and dependent on outside factors to meet it so please keep my family and I in your prayers. We need all we can get. Happy January everybody! You'll also want to see what Amarinda Jones, Anika Hamilton, Anny Cook, Barbara Huffert, Brynn Paulin, Bronwyn Green, Dakota Rebel, Kelly Kirch, Molly Daniels, Sandra Cox, Regina Carlysle, and Cindy Spencer Pape are up to, so make sure to visit them also. :)

No comments:

Website Content and Copy: Ashley Ladd, 2008.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.
Graphics hosted by Flickr.