Sunday, May 17, 2009

I Want To Fly!

I want to fly. We discussed dreams at lunch Friday. My boss told us he often flies in his dreams. I teased him that he was "Superman". Well, he is in lots of ways so I shouldn't be surprised. Another friend admitted that she has enough presence in her dreams to tell villains and monsters or bad things "Stop" and they listen to her and stop. Me? Unfortunately, I've been chased by ravenous T-Rex's more than once. I've seen them eat (quite grossly) some of my unluckier dream companions. At least they haven't eaten me - yet. I've had houses crumble beneath me. I've ridden busses to the tops of garbage dumps. Why are my dreams so much less glamorous or self-fulfilling? Are they trying to tell me something? God, if they are, what? I bought a dream analysis book awhile back but it didn't explain much to me. There were at least three ways to interpret dreams and they left it up to the reader. So that tells me we have to go with our gut instinct. Right now my gut is telling me I must be in trouble. Instead of flying and taking charge of my dreams (my life), I'm falling prey to bad things. So how do I learn to fly in my dreams? In real life? How do I learn to take charge of my dreams? My real life? What about you? Do you fly in your dreams? You'll also want to see what Amarinda Jones, Anika Hamilton, Anny Cook, Barbara Huffert, Brynn Paulin, Bronwyn Green, Dakota Rebel, Kelly Kirch, Molly Daniels, Sandra Cox, Regina Carlysle, and Cindy Spencer Pape are up to, so make sure to visit them also. :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

No, no flying...I generally run a lot in my dreams with a gun I'm trying to load...never get the damn thing loaded

Anny Cook said...

Yep, me too. A lot of running. Not sure where I'm going, but I'm sure busy trying to get there.

Website Content and Copy: Ashley Ladd, 2008.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.
Graphics hosted by Flickr.