Tuesday, May 05, 2009

I'm off to see the Wizard

I wish I could say I'm going to Oz. I've always longed to go there even before I knew "Oz" was Australia. I figured it was a mythical place. I always longed to visit Australia. Harlequin romances made it seem so romantic, so adventurous. I even joined the Air Force hoping to visit places far from home such as Australia and Germany and Britain. ( Instead I got stuck in Nebraska and Mississippi - those are different stories ). Alas, I'm still not going to "Oz". By "Wizard" I mean my counselor. Okay, I mean my psychologist. I take anti-depressants for clinical depression - blame my mother's family. I inherit the tendency. Blame my regular doctor for making me see a psychiatrist to regulate my meds and him for making me see a psychologist. Oh well. It's not so bad. I get to sit on a comfortable couch once a month and bitch about my family, my co-workers, and puke out my mind. Really, I don't say a lot of weird things. Nothing's really bothering me much - except for the co-workers who insist on fighting as if they were 2 year olds. Or when hubby's in a bad mood. Or when my psychologist insists on seeing me during American Idol. THEN I have a problem. Don't mess with my American Idol. I can't keep complaining about going to see my wizard as I need to vamoose and get over there. He's really a nice guy. Too bad I have to pay him to be nice to me. DS1 tells me now my mother board is fried. I need a new one or a new computer. I vote for number two - if hubby pays for it. Otherwise, I may have to wait and not vote for either choice for awhile. Meanwhile, I'm still operating my blog from my top secret place. :) You'll also want to see what Amarinda Jones, Anika Hamilton, Anny Cook, Barbara Huffert, Brynn Paulin, Bronwyn Green, Dakota Rebel, Kelly Kirch, Molly Daniels, Sandra Cox, Regina Carlysle, and Cindy Spencer Pape are up to, so make sure to visit them also. :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Come to Australia and that will solve all your problems - no really, I swear it will

Unknown said...

Sounds good to me. Now if I could just afford the passageway...

Someday.

I really need to see the Wizard of Oz right now!

Website Content and Copy: Ashley Ladd, 2008.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.
Graphics hosted by Flickr.