Saturday, May 09, 2009

Reviews, Trophies, and My New Book Trailer

I just experienced every author's dream. One of the many. It's also a fab Mother's Day gift. Priscilla Petty at Night Owl Romance awarded the reviewer top pick and 5 out of 5 stars to Night of the Senses. She also had these kind words. "Night of the Senses is a romp through BDSM paradise as these authors pool together to share some of their deepest and erotic fantasies of this exciting lifestyle. Each author masterfully tells a tale that will have you twisting and turning in your seat, and I dare you to choose a favorite. But don’t take my word for it-go out to get NIGHT OF THE SENSES today." My story is entitled "Welcome to Paradise" and focuses on the sense of hearing. I'm thrilled with each and every fantastic review like this. It inspires me to keep writing and to bring new characters to life. I don't understand my younger daughter, however. Yesterday morning she received a beautiful trophy, tall and shiny gold and silver, for a great season of playing softball. She was called onto stage in front of all her fellow players and their parents, and they made a big deal over her. She told me later, "I don't want another trophy. I already have 40. I don't have anywhere to put them." I jumped on that. We should take kudos where and whenever it is given. We should respond gracefully and gratefully. There will be many times in life where we get just the opposite or nothing at all. Personally, I'm grateful to be paired with such a group of talented authors, to have a publisher who supports us by sending our books for review, by having an entire romance reading community that appreciates us. In return gratitude, I will say a huge THANK YOU to Priscilla and Night Owl Romance, my publisher, my editor, my fellow authors, and to all my readers. I also wish to thank all the mother figures in my life (my mom, my mother-in-law, and my aunts), my daughter-in-law, and all my friends, cousins, colleagues, and readers who are mothers for making our world so loving and wonderful. I hope all of you have a wonderful day. My hubby is umpiring at a big softball tournament so he won't be here but my kids are planning something "special". I don't know what yet but I'll give an update tomorrow. Oh! And I have another wonderful Mother's Day gift. My story "Charity's Auction" is being released Monday May 11th as part of the "Caught in the Middle" anthology at Total-E-Bound. I just made the book trailer below for Charity's Auction. Click on the picture or text link to view. Let me know what you think. :) View this montage created at One True Media Charity's Auction by Ashley Ladd You'll also want to see what Amarinda Jones, Anika Hamilton, Anny Cook, Barbara Huffert, Brynn Paulin, Bronwyn Green, Dakota Rebel, Kelly Kirch, Molly Daniels, Sandra Cox, Regina Carlysle, and Cindy Spencer Pape are up to, so make sure to visit them also. :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You know, I have to go with your daughter on the whole trophy thing - it's just a 'thing' that means something for a moment and then nothing. I get where she is coming from. Well done on your story from the anthology

Wendi Zwaduk and Megan Slayer said...

Congrats! You deserve the trophy.

Liked the book trailer. Very cool.

Sending my stuff to you soon.

Hugs,

Wendi

Unknown said...

Cool - I look forward to reading more of your stories. I just found my lost story - soaked and unreadable. I have to start writing that one over. Maybe it was God telling me it should be better. Oh well... Or to work on the other ones first. Or to get my butt in gear and do my edit!!!

Website Content and Copy: Ashley Ladd, 2008.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.
Graphics hosted by Flickr.