Thursday, July 02, 2009

Great Mysteries of the Universe

Today, I've been pondering the great mysteries of the universe. These are some things that trouble me. Do they trouble you, too? The big question is "why"? Why do Starburst Fruit Chews only sell their candy in bags with multiple flavors? Why can't I buy a bag with only strawberry flavor chews? Why didn't I marry a doctor, lawyer, or CEO of a big corporation that earns a lot of money? Why didn't I buy Intel or Yahoo when I could afford it? Why didn't I listen to my dad and earn my degree in computer science? Why didn't I get brothers or sisters? Why do my kids have to argue everyday? Why are some people poor while others are dirty rich? Why did the Beatles have to break up? Why didn't Adam Lambert win American Idol? Why has it stormed everyday this week, canceling all of my daughter's softball practices? Why did I have to lose so much of my hearing? Why did my mother have to die so young? (She had cancer and died when she was 58.) I could go on and on. I'm in a ponderous mood since a family member died two days ago. Why didn't I visit more often? Why did I not stay in closer touch? Why do I get so tired after a long day at work that I put things off until "tomorrow"? Sometimes "tomorrow" never comes. Sometimes "one more day" stretches into a week, a month, and even a year. Sometimes it becomes "never". Some of things are out of my control, although I plan to lobby Starbursts for strawberry only packages. I have to take better control over those things I can. With this in mind, I scheduled vacation at the end of this month. I will visit my family and friends in Ohio and I will stay in much closer touch. You'll also want to see what Amarinda Jones, Anika Hamilton, Anny Cook, Barbara Huffert, Brynn Paulin, Bronwyn Green, Dakota Rebel, Kelly Kirch, Molly Daniels, Sandra Cox, Regina Carlysle, and Cindy Spencer Pape are up to, so make sure to visit them also. :)

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

:) My supermarket sells Starbursts in the bulk section...and I totally stand there and pick out just the strawberry and cherry!

I think major life changes always make us ask these questions. The other day I found out friends of ours are getting divorced. It came as a total shock. We don't see them as often as we'd like, so we really didn't know they were having problems. But it made me question and wonder..."They looked so happy...what happened??? And how do I know it won't happen to me/us??"

Unknown said...

again - it's a how long is a piece of string thing

Website Content and Copy: Ashley Ladd, 2008.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.
Graphics hosted by Flickr.