Friday, August 14, 2009

Zillow - Big Brother?

Is there any privacy any more? We've been talking about "Big Brother" for a long time and especially since everybody's on the Internet.

I've googled myself several times and found a lot about my author doings, but not about my personal life.

Then today at work, my friend told me about "Zillow". It's a site that shows aerial pictures of your house and it estimates its value.

I don't think I like this. It was bad enough that Google's taking pictures of everything. But to estimate the price?

How the heck is Zillow estimating my home's worth as one price and the attached home at a higher price? No one's come to check the inside of my house.

Here's the address if you want to check out your house.

http://www.zillow.com

1 comment:

Regina Carlysle said...

Seems awfully intrusive to me. Suspect privacy is becoming a thing of the past.

Website Content and Copy: Ashley Ladd, 2008.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.
Graphics hosted by Flickr.