Saturday, October 31, 2009

To Nanowrimo Or Not Nanowrimo, That Is The Question





While most of the Western World are disguising themselves as demons, saints and cartoon characters and gorging themselves on cheap candy, millions of writers all over the world have their keyboards poised to start Nanowrimo tomorrow.

Happy Halloween, by the way! (Don't eat too much candy).

As of the time I'm writing this post, a few days before Halloween, I'm still debating whether or not to join in nanowrimo this year. I did two years ago and wrote 50,000+ words. Last year, I was bogged down with several edits so I couldn't.

This year I have only two edits. But I have several physical therapy appointments lined up after work starting next week (sprained knee) and my daughter's still playing lots of ball.

And yet, stories nag at me to be written, nano or no nano. I want to submit stories for several of my publishers anthologies and the deadlines are close. So why not nano, get my goal done and commune with other writers worldwide. I had a great time meeting and spending time with local writers.

So why not try? So I think I'll join in.



Recent posts you might like to read:

Why Writers Should Be Like Zombies

Ghost Hunting at a Haunted Hotel

Welcome to the Spookiest Month of the Year (+ don't burn your Ouija Board!)

People Don't Fall Out of Trees - Without Reason 

I'm Part of a Tribe 

Big Brother Is Watching You - This Means You BLOGGERS!

Are You Writing Me Into Your Book?

Dont Give Up Too Early

Must Write Must Write Must Write!!!


You'll also want to see what Amarinda Jones, Anika Hamilton, Anny Cook,
Barbara Huffert, Brynn Paulin, Bronwyn Green, Dakota Rebel, Kelly Kirch,
Molly Daniels, Sandra Cox, Regina Carlysle, and Cindy Spencer Pape
are up to, so make sure to visit them also. :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I've done it the last three years with two friends of mine. We don't join the official one, but we have our own loop off of our local chapter. It's the only time I manage 50k+ a month. And you're right it is a nice time to catch up!
Good Luck.

Unknown said...

Maybe this will also take the edge off me turning 50 this year. I'll be too busy to dwell on it. I know it's just a number, but it's still boggling my mind that the years have flown by so fast.

Website Content and Copy: Ashley Ladd, 2008.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.
Graphics hosted by Flickr.