Sunday, August 10, 2014

Author Interview- The Mystery Alliance: Evian's Saga by Taffey Tawanna Champion


Please welcome Taffey Tawanna Champion to my home away from home. Be sure to read my interview with her


THE MYSTERY ALLIANCE: EVIAN’S SAGA


 

Excerpt

“We are members of an elite rescue unit…The Mystery Alliance. All of the members of this rescue unit are called Mystics. Mystics have haunting, surreal beauty: almost as though we were chosen to be Mystics from the womb. We also have unique abilities and skills which set us apart from others. Yet, only prominent, high-ranking government officials have knowledge of our existence.  We are the persons these officials contact when no one else can rescue hostages in extreme terrorist situations. And this is our story...”

Blurb

An unsuspecting young man meets a mysterious beauty through a bizarre encounter in Paris, France. After speaking with her, he agrees to live among a secret society of persons called Mystics. Here, he learns about their secret alliance and their mastery of a spectacular self-defense technique: The Mystery Arts. Soon, Evian discovers that there is no turning back from the path he has chosen.









Author interview questions:

Why do you write action adventure or fantasy fiction? 


I have always had an overactive imagination and fiction really allows me to dream up any scenario or fantasy I choose. The sky’s the limit with fiction; at least, that is what I believe.


What romance subgenres do you write in? Why?


As you are already aware, I have been writing action adventure and fantasy fiction. I wouldn’t          mind trying my hand at more fiction subgenres in the future, including romance. Although, my E-Book entitled, “THE MYSTERY ALLIANCE: EVIAN’S SAGA” does have elements of romance included within.
  What would you like readers to take away from your stories?
As you are already aware, I have been writing action adventure and fantasy fiction. I wouldn’t mind trying my hand at more fiction subgenres in the future, including romance. Although, my E-Book entitled, “THE MYSTERY ALLIANCE: EVIAN’S SAGA” does have elements of romance included within.
What inspires your stories?
That’s a good question. Actually, anything or anyone  can inspire me; anywhere from favorite television programs/films to favorite people I have encountered in my journey through this life.
What is your writing schedule?
I do not have a particular writing schedule. Whenever I do feel inspired, (especially if I have time) I love to write down ideas which come to me that I find interesting or exciting for any potential readers.
Do you have any other passions besides writing? If yes, what are they? Why?
Yes I do, now that you ask. Music and singing are my other passions because music fills my inner being with joy, and singing makes me feel good about myself. I always could sing, but decided not to pursue a singing career years ago because my health at that time was not good, and I also lacked the energy and strength required for such a fascinating, yet demanding profession.
What relaxes you?
Music has always relaxed me and fills me with joy, but GOD Almighty fills me with the greatest joys I have ever felt in life.
What is your favorite guilty pleasure?
My favorite guilty pleasure is, and has always been, chocolate. I just simply LOVE the taste of chocolate, and maybe that was always meant to be because my birth name is Taffey, after all.
What decade has been your favorite? Why?
The 1980’s was, and has always been my favorite because it was such a fun era to grow up in. There was Prince & The Revolution, Michael Jackson, Madonna, Phil Collins, Hall & Oates, Duran Duran, and many more fascinating singers and musicians that created such exceptionally fun music to listen and dance to during that decade. Need I say more?
What is your favorite way(s) to promote?
Currently, I do not have any particular favorite way to promote my literary material. I am open to many possibilities and opportunities (at least, I am, so far).
What was your favorite vacation?
My favorite vacation happened just last year when quite a few relatives and I traveled across the country to Junction City, Kansas to visit my cousin, who was stationed in the Army there.
If you could have one wish, what would it be?
Well, it may sound cliché, but my one most desirable wish is to be blessed to go to Heaven, and to spend the rest of my life there.
If you could describe yourself in only one word, what would it be? Why?
Happy-go-lucky describes me well because that has mostly been my personality type; having a sunny disposition—except for a regrettable time, when I once suffered from Major Depression. I thank GOD for healing me, so many years ago.
Please tell us about your most recent release and where we can purchase it.
https://dwtr67e3ikfml.cloudfront.net/bookCovers/3a3734c890c7985c9177ec6c018f3acf00861ba4-thumbMy most recent release is the Action Adventure/Futuristic Fantasy,  “THE MYSTERY ALLIANCE: EVIAN’S SAGA”, which I mentioned earlier. It is available now for FREE during my E-Book Giveaway online at: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/366136. So, please feel free to download any version of your choice, and enjoy!
Please give us your urls and your publisher’s url.
My E-Book is located online on several websites, including Barnes and Noble(Nook), Kobobooks, Scribd, Flipkart, and especially at its original location; Smashwords. The best url I can give you for my E-Book, especially during the FREE giveaway, is at:  https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/366136. I am Self-Published, however, Smashwords is the website which helped me to become published, so its url is: https://www.smashwords.com/.
 
THIS OR THAT QUESTIONS:
Christmas or Halloween? Christmas is my favorite holiday, but I loved Halloween also when I was a child because I always believed that’s when the absolute best types of candy are sold.
Spring, summer, autumn, or winter? Autumn is my favorite season, and Spring is my second favorite because they are both characterized by having such mild temperatures.
Ebooks or print books?  I really do not have a preference with these types of books.
Captain Jack Sparrow or Will Turner? I would choose Will Turner and also Johnny Depp, the actor, rather than Captain Jack Sparrow. I love Captain Jack Sparrow, but  would NOT date him!
 
 



Author Pic

Taffey Tawanna Champion

https://dwtr67e3ikfml.cloudfront.net/bookCovers/3a3734c890c7985c9177ec6c018f3acf00861ba4

Buy Links


 

Author Bio

Taffey Tawanna Champion is a small-town girl born and raised in Greensboro, GA, educated at GTCHS in Greensboro, GA and further educated at Elon College which eventually became Elon University. She excelled in writing as a young child; even earned merits and won awards for writing ability, including a “Passport to Excellence” plaque. Reading and writing also were Taffey’s first loves before drama and music, which of course, came after.

Before, during and after college, Taffey became a world traveler, even electing to live in London, England for one semester whilst studying at Elon University. She traveled several times to Paris, France at this time. Taffey also met and encountered celebrities in London, England which served to make her experiences even more special. Added to her world traveler status, she lived in South Korea for a short interval. This experience, including her fascination with various Kung-Fu techniques and martial arts films aided in her ability to create The Mystery Arts in The Mystery Alliance: Evian’s Saga.

She also worked in Marina, CA as an Americorps VISTA for MCHOME (a division of Interim, Inc.) under the Coalition of Homeless Services Providers. During this time, she became acquainted with the various artists of Breakthrough H’ART (a program synonymous with MCHOME) and also with noted Austrian Artist/Painter, Hans Kindel. It was here, under the tutelage of Hans Kindel and Bill Donnelly that she discovered her talent for Abstract/Impressionist Art. This is where the cover (Paradise Underwater) of her E-book originated.

THE MYSTERY ALLIANCE: EVIAN’S SAGA was created initially as a copyrighted action/adventure screenplay, however, Taffey decided to adapt it into an E-book: the first in a series of E-books actually. She is already in the progress of working on a prequel E-book for this series. THE MYSTERY ALLIANCE: EVIAN’S SAGA is available for sale at www.Smashwords.com and will be distributed via Smashwords to many other retailers including Apple.com, Kobobooks.com, Flipkart.com, Baker & Taylor, Barnes & Noble, e-library.net, Oyster, Overdrive, etc. This E-book is also made available for Libraries to obtain.

Taffey lives in Greensboro, GA with her family members and Buster, their canine pal. You may contact Taffey Tawanna Champion via email at alyrist@yahoo.com and as @TaffeyChampion on www.twitter.com.

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Website Content and Copy: Ashley Ladd, 2008.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.
Graphics hosted by Flickr.