Detective Allan Charles Wellborn has secretly adored Hattie all his life. When the police determine there's more to the death of a former Buy Rite employee, he steps in to lead the investigation. Overly dedicated, always perfect, he puts his job first, even if doing so ultimately hurts the one he loves.
Can the killer be found before Hattie's time is up?
- What do you like to do when you are not being actively read somewhere? I hang with my newly adopted cat, Lucky, and like to read biographies. And workout.
- Are you happy with the genre your writer has placed you in? She’s the one in charge.
- Do you like the way the book ended? No, I don’t, but I can’t say why. That would ruin the ending.
- Would you be interested in a sequel, if your writer was so inclined? Absolutely, there’s a wrong that needs righting.
- What is your least favorite characteristic your writer has attributed to you? Geekdom. It’s hard to shake when in high school, but as an adult? We all know geeks rule.
- Do have any secret aspirations that your author doesn’t know about? Career-wise? I’m fine there. Have already had a promotion. Relationship-wise? I’ll take Hattie and... well, you know.
- What do you do for a living? A detective for Sommerville Police Department, formerly an auditor.
- What do you wear when you go to sleep? boxers
- What is your most prized possession? Hattie’s pink underwear.
- What sound or noise do you love? I like great jazz, like Chris Botti.