Friday, May 16, 2008

Armed Forces Day Celebration - Radio Interview with author-vets

You are specially invited to join me Saturday May 17th. I'll be participating in the CHERRY PICKING SPECIAL SHOW Saturday May 17th 9pm to 11pm EST at http://www.internetvoicesradio.com/rowena.htm Visit the radio station at http://www.internetvoicesradio.com to see the slide show and find out how to listen to or download our program.
There will also be a link to http://www.ebookisle.net/PIVTR/5-17.htm
I hope as many of you as possible will tune in and help Lynn Hardy's efforts to get novels to military personnel serving overseas.
You'll also have the opportunity to find out about many wonderful stories with military heroes and heroines (space military, SEALS, SAS, Very special forces, pilots,navy, marines, infantry, cavalry, gunners, historical warriors, detectives... the gamut).
I look forward to chatting with you.
Y'all know I'm a disabled veteran of the US Air Force. So is my hubby. We served during peace time thus didn't have to endure the hardships of being away from friends and loved ones, being shot at, losing jobs, and many other hardships I can't even imagine like the brave men and women now serving. I was just told that my cousin Jonathan will be sent to Iraq to the fighting. I'm scared. And yet, I know we have to stand up to bullies or they'll try to walk all over us (like Hitler). Please pray for Jonathan and all his comrades, all our children, siblings, sons, daughters, cousins, friends, neighbors, co-workers, fellow parishioners, etc. that are part of this effort. Even if you can't come to the show, please pray for them.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I admire anyone serving in the defence forces. I don't pray but I send positive vibes for the safe home coming to all of those in peacemaking or peacekeeping missions around the world. You do us proud.

Unknown said...

Thanks Amarinda.

Positive vibes definitely accepted.

Website Content and Copy: Ashley Ladd, 2008.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.
Graphics hosted by Flickr.