Friday, May 23, 2008

Outrageous Prices - It's getting tough to support the family

Oy!

I just got paid today by my day job and between the electric, water, gas, and food, I'm almost broke. And there's two weeks till the next payday. Then I help hubby pay the mortgage.

I got this suggestion at work today, and I'm seriously thinking about using it. I mean, it's now $60.00 a tank of gas for my van and that lasts a week.




When I started driving, gas cost around 60 cents a gallon. And my parents were complaining about the inflationary price of gas then. That was in the mid '70s.



I went to buy meat at Publix (a big grocery store chain in Florida where my son Keith also works) and I hardly purchased any. I'll see if Walmart's prices are any better tomorrow.




I see I need to write write write just to feed the family.

Oh! And I think I'm sending the kids outdoors to sell lemonade on the street.

4 comments:

Utter Basketcase said...

Life is ridiculously expensive atm!!! We are feeling it too! xx

Phoenix said...

That's inflated too. I think just to cover cost of purchasing the lemons (which are suffering a drought), gas to get them, sugar, labor with minimum wage.... you'd be looking at about $5 a glass. Add some cookies and it skyrocks to $7.

Unknown said...

Money - the necessary evil and the pursuit of it is all consuming

Unknown said...

Yeah, I guess I'd lose money selling lemonade, too.

Meat was a little better price at Walmart today. But I spent more than I meant to. The family had better make this food last two weeks as that's it. If not, they'll be eating peanut butter sandwiches all week.

Website Content and Copy: Ashley Ladd, 2008.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.
Graphics hosted by Flickr.