Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Cooking

Cooking. Did you know that "cook" is a four-letter word? Yep. It's definitely one of those four-letter words. What happened to me? I used to love to cook and to bake. Baking went the way of the dodos when I decided to lose weight. I can't bake and not eat the goodies.That's like living and having to breathe. Cooking should be different. We have to cook to eat even if we're watching what we eat. When I'm rested, I enjoy cooking. It can be very creative or like mixing chemicals for a science experiment. When I'm beat or stressed, like I am most days after a long day at the day job, the last thing I want to do is slave over a stove and wash dishes. Lately, I've been working 11 hour days at the day job, so I'm even more exhausted than usual. Yet, I still love to collect recipes and fully intend to cook again - maybe when I retire, or at least when the day job isn't so stressful. Or when the daughters are also working. As long as they are home full time and I'm working two jobs, one outside the home 40+ hours weekly, I think they should do the cooking. For now, when I'm tired, as far as I'm concerned, "cook" is a four-letter word.

9 comments:

Molly Daniels said...

Last night, it was for me too! Used my coupon for a free Arby's combo, and took the kids to Mickey D's!

Phoenix said...

Got any cool equations for caviar?

Jan said...

I'm not a cook. I used to say that it said in my divorce decree that I didn't have to cook ever again! Thank goodness my husband now loves to cook! : ) You are so right...in my opinion "cook" is the worst 4-letter word there is!
Take care!

Jan

Shelley Munro said...

During the week cooking is all about speed. Hubby and I work together in the kitchen and have developed fast recipes that we can make in half an hour. Cooking is definitely not fun when you're tired!!

Shelley Munro said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Tonight, I'm ordering pizza as the daughters didn't cook, I'm dead tired, and I have 3 edits to work on and two reviews. I guess I really am a stress eater.

Unknown said...

Sorry, Kelly. No caviar equations as I don't like the stuff. At least I don't think I like it. Fish eggs don't sound appetizing.

Sandra Cox said...

11 hrs at the workplace, poor buddy:(

Trixie said...

STIR FRYS!!!

That's what I live on when can't be arsed to cook...

Frozen raw prawns and scallops with frozen stir fry veg... covered in chilli sauce and soy sauce. Stuff the rice/noodles, that's extra carbs, lol.

Can you tell that's what I'm living on?

(Oh I do cook it, not eat it frozen! lol)

Website Content and Copy: Ashley Ladd, 2008.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.
Graphics hosted by Flickr.