Monday, November 03, 2008

Commas and conjunctions - video from my editor

My editor sent the video below to our author loop. Um... Do you think she's trying to tell us something? I really love my editors. They've taught me so much, this one in particular. She's awesome. I really enjoy this lesson. What a fun way to learn. I'm one of the world's worst when it comes to comma usage. I'm afraid I drive my poor, hard working editors nuts. I hope not, but I wouldn't doubt it. I keep meaning to take a refresher course in grammar but I'm so busy between the day job and the kids and writing... One of these days I'll do it. Until then, I'll check out these cute little videos and online grammar help. I wish I could be more help to aspiring authors in this regard, but you probably wouldn't appreciate my help with this. Not until I've taken the refresher anyway. For now, please enjoy the video above.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent! I haven't seen that since I was a kid.

I'm going to go have coffee AND cream OR milk, BUT not buttermilk. Woohoo!

Cindy Spencer Pape said...

Love the Schoolhouse Rocks. What a great little warm fuzzy flashback!

Unknown said...

I don't have the comma problem but i do have a 'split infinitive habit' that I am quite fond of.

Website Content and Copy: Ashley Ladd, 2008.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.
Graphics hosted by Flickr.