Thursday, January 29, 2009

Thursday Thirteen: version 30 (I think) 13 Things I Dread And Like About Employee Reviews

This week my company is conducting quarterly employee reviews. It's new to us. Until now, we've only held annual reviews. The bigwigs decided that's too far apart not to give feedback. As a manager, I both dread and like this idea. As an employee being reviewed, I mainly dread it. I'm probably funny. I used to enjoy taking tests and being graded. But then I usually earned high grades. But employee reviews is tougher to get an A equivalent on, for me anyway. I've busted my butt, gone way beyond my comfort zone, and still not always received great reviews. Same for book reviews. Anyway, since this is relevant in my life right now here are 13 things I like or hate about employee reviews. 1) I find out what my boss thinks about me. 2) Employees who like the reviews I give of them will like me a lot. At least they won't be mad at me. 3) Employees who hate the reviews I give of them will hate me. At least they'll be mad at me. 4) Concerned employees will try to step up their work. 5) Concerned employees will work on improving their attitude. 6) I'll be arrested for murder. 7) I'll be murdered before they can arrest me. 8) I'll be fired, if I'm not murdered, whether or not I'm arrested. 9) I'll get a demotion and pay lowered, even if I'm not fired or murdered or arrested. 10) I'll get promoted and/or a pay raise because they love me so much. 11) I'll get them over and done with for 3 more months. 12) I'll have an excuse to eat lots of chocolate and soak in a bubble bath. 13) I'll pass another milestone in really becoming a manager (this will be the first review I give to other people). I gotta run and get my hair cut so I look good for my review so I don't get marked down on professional appearance. You'll also want to see what Amarinda Jones, Anika Hamilton, Anny Cook, Barbara Huffert, Brynn Paulin, Bronwyn Green, Dakota Rebel, Kelly Kirch, Molly Daniels, Sandra Cox, Regina Carlysle, and Cindy Spencer Pape are up to, so make sure to visit them also. :)

2 comments:

Paige Tyler said...

Love the pics! Those are too cute! Good luck on the review!

*hugs*
Paige

My TT is at http://paigetylertheauthor.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

"Marked down for your professional appearance"...seriously? If you are neat and tidy and efficient isn't that all that matters?

Website Content and Copy: Ashley Ladd, 2008.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.
Graphics hosted by Flickr.