Monday, February 02, 2009

How Do You Comfort A Friend?

How do you comfort a friend when her husband has just died? My friend C just lost her bridegroom of less than two years. C (both are C's) died of a heart attack Saturday. He was about 63, which is still pretty young, at least it's considered young where we work. C is a work friend I've known for about a decade. My hubby and I went to her wedding and we've been out with C & C. I kept her daughter when they went on vacation a couple years ago. Her daughter was once in love with one of my sons. We go back a little while. I feel so bad for her. She'd been divorced for several years and she really wanted to find her soul mate and best friend. Finally, she had and they seemed very happy. We never know how long we'll have our friends and loved ones, do we? We just have to cherish them while they're here and then cherish the memories after they're gone. Please keep my friend and her family in your prayers. You'll also want to see what Amarinda Jones, Anika Hamilton, Anny Cook, Barbara Huffert, Brynn Paulin, Bronwyn Green, Dakota Rebel, Kelly Kirch, Molly Daniels, Sandra Cox, Regina Carlysle, and Cindy Spencer Pape are up to, so make sure to visit them also. :)

3 comments:

Regina Carlysle said...

This is so sad, Ash! Reminds us we should cherish each other every day, doesn't it? All you can do is tell her how sorry you are and be there for her as she tries to get through this.

My thoughts are with you all.
HUGS!

Sandra Cox said...

My sincere condolensces to C. Heartbreaking.

Molly Daniels said...

(((Hugs)))

She had a second chance at love, which is more than most of us get.

Be there for her when she wants to talk, and remind her of the good times in their short amount of time they did have together.

Website Content and Copy: Ashley Ladd, 2008.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.
Graphics hosted by Flickr.