Thursday, February 12, 2009

War!

Why do people have to call during American Idol? I mean, I want complete silence, complete concentration. It's my thing and I just want to be left alone to watch it and hear every word. It was going good until hubby came home from his second job at the very end and his phone started ringing. Since Monday, he and his umpiring buddies have been brooding over an illegal player who happened to be a great pitcher. And the team she was on won the game over our team. To hear hubby tell it, he's concerned what would have happened the league if the girl would've hit someone without signed papers. I'm sure that's part of it, but I imagine that's not all. Hubby takes his softball VERY SERIOUSLY. He's also having a war with the high school coaches of my daughter's team. I'm ready to take him and the coaches over my knee and paddle all three. Seriously, they're all three acting like 3-year olds - except that my 2 1/2 year old granddaughter is a whole lot cuter and more endearing than these three. It's bad enough they have to act so badly, but I don't appreciate me or the daughter being caught in the middle. Nor do I appreciate having my American Idol interrupted. Oh well... I'll get over it. I don't know if the hubby will, at least not before hurting himself or the coaches. Okay, it's time for me to escape into the latest book I'm writing, the one I just said I can finish in 2-3 weeks tops. If it wasn't so late at night, I'd escape to Borders or the park. Or maybe I should just go to bed, put on my sleep mask and ear plugs (yes, I wear them nightly because hubby keeps the TV on late and would keep me up late otherwise). You'll also want to see what Amarinda Jones, Anika Hamilton, Anny Cook, Barbara Huffert, Brynn Paulin, Bronwyn Green, Dakota Rebel, Kelly Kirch, Molly Daniels, Sandra Cox, Regina Carlysle, and Cindy Spencer Pape are up to, so make sure to visit them also. :)

6 comments:

Phoenix said...

I had the same problem last night. Granted I had to go off to choir for the first hour, but we taped it. Then it went two hours, I'm trying to catch up and the whole house errupts in chaos! Grrrr. I don't watch much tv so let me enjoy what I DO watch.

Molly Daniels said...

We unplug the phone during Survivor:)

When I was concession manager, the league president had a bad habit of calling me around 8:30 pm every Thursday (this was before Caller ID), so we started shutting the ringer off! If it's that important, they'll leave a message!

Brynn Paulin said...

I'm like that with Medium. Complete silence, complete concentration. I don't think it's too much to ask. It's the only TV I watch. One hour. Once a week.

Regina Carlysle said...

War over sports. Oh yeah. I remember those days. Frustrating and painful to watch.

Trueblood demands my complete attention. The show is on hiatus until the new season in June but when it's on I want silence.

Bronwyn Green said...

I must have silence during House and Medium. There will be much suffering otherwise. ;)

Unknown said...

I'm not sure which annoys me more - the baseball feud - which is the more serious issue, so I suppose this, or being interrupted during American Idol. I think my youngest son interrupts AI on purpose and thinks it's a contest between how much I love him and the show. That in itself is annoying. I don't watch much other tv so why is it that big a deal to him that I love that one and just want to relax and enjoy?

Website Content and Copy: Ashley Ladd, 2008.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.
Graphics hosted by Flickr.