Thursday, May 07, 2009

Weekends or Weekdays???

Are you a weekend or weekday blog reader? I'm definitely a weekend one. Sometimes I get a bit of time to read blogs on weeknights after I get home from the day job, I have a lot more time on the weekends. I assumed the majority of people would be like me. I just read an article that says I'm wrong, that the majority of people read blogs on weekdays. Monday is the busiest blog reading day of all. According to the article this is because a lot of people read blogs at their jobs and catch up on blogs for the week on the first day of their work week. I would get fired if I tried that. My employer actually expects us to work (yes, that dirty little four-letter word) while we're at work. Imagine that. Because my employer is very serious about wanting us to work, they monitor our computer usage and internet visits. We have a "Top 10 Most Wanted List". So you can see why I don't blog, read my aol email, or surf the internet at work. Most of the social networking sites are blocked anyway. I can't reach aol or hotmail if I wanted to. If I didn't write, blog, and surf the internet on weekends, I wouldn't get to do these things much. Weekends are "me" time. I often don't get off the day job till 6 p.m. and then I have to take my children to scouts, church, ball games, etc. so I don't get home till 9 or 10 p.m. So, I'd like to take a poll here - when do you read blogs the most? Every day? Weekdays? Weekends? One or two certain weekdays? Why? You'll also want to see what Amarinda Jones, Anika Hamilton, Anny Cook, Barbara Huffert, Brynn Paulin, Bronwyn Green, Dakota Rebel, Kelly Kirch, Molly Daniels, Sandra Cox, Regina Carlysle, and Cindy Spencer Pape are up to, so make sure to visit them also. :)

8 comments:

Molly Daniels said...

I try to read them every day, but most of my blogging is M-F, when the kids are at school and hubby's at work. When he's working, he resents me spending all weekend at the PC, so I try to limit myself. And the kids sleep late in the summer anyway, so it's not a problem. But the weekends...unless there's an important chat I need to attend, it's generally Family Time. Unless everyone's occupied, and then I can get online w/o any hassles.

And if he doesn't go back to work soon, I may have to, which will cut my online time even more!

Unknown said...

I wish I had more time so I could just play on weekends. But I probably won't until I'm 70 something if I'm still alive.

barbara huffert said...

I have only a select few I read so I stop in every day after posting my own, checking emails and before I get to writing. No way could I ever do any of that at the day job. I need it to live and I'd be out on day 2 if I tried.

Stephanie said...

I read blogs every day, weekend and weekdays. My husband works a rotating schedule, so most weeks, Saturday and Sunday are workdays. I tend to be online much less on his days off...we're usually running errands or whatever.

Sandra Cox said...

Tis the season...
Have a happy Mother's Day, Ash.

Linda Banche said...

I read blogs mainly Monday to Friday, as a little entertainment when I eat my lunch at work. I write mine on Sunday, because Sunday is my writing day.

Unknown said...

Depends who's blog it is...some every day - some rarely ever and others only when emailed by someone to tell me they are making a dill of themselves...

Caffey said...

I always like to read each day! I feel lost if I don't read each day! Usually its the evenings for me when I'm reading mostly (both weekends and weekdays). I get on line to check blogs and emails before I go to read. So I'm always a late person!

Website Content and Copy: Ashley Ladd, 2008.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.
Graphics hosted by Flickr.