Saturday, April 05, 2014

We're off to see the Wizard...uh not quite

We're off to see the Wizard...uh not quite. Better!


My kids and I are going to brave South Florida's Alligator Alley to visit my cousins, aunt and uncle today.


We live on one side of Florida, my cousins live on the other side of Florida, and my aunt and uncle are visiting from Ohio.


I've always adored my aunt and uncle and visit whenever I can. Then in 1988 when my mom died, my aunt became my surrogate mother. They're special people. Not just to me but everybody loves them.


As they're 86 and 87 now, I don't know how many more times they'll be able to make the trek to Florida. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to visit much either (long boring story). So this will be a very special visit.


I'll give an account later how our visit went.


Usually, my grandkids who go with us, have fun playing with all the alligator skulls at the rest stops along the way. My kids get cranky keeping my young granddaughter happy on the 4-5 hour ride. When we get there, my cousins are grilling out and we help them put together a big puzzle and play some games, and of course visit with everybody. I also take lots of pictures which I'll scrapbook one day.


I hope your Saturday is as special, at least as happy as ours.


Ashley

No comments:

Website Content and Copy: Ashley Ladd, 2008.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.
Graphics hosted by Flickr.