Friday, May 09, 2014

Editing can be fun(ny)

I'm in the midst of an edit and just had to stop and write this post while inspiration strikes.


This probably happens to all authors and editors, although I can't say all my editors send me smiley faces and funny notes in track changes like my present one does.


I just had to laugh when I read this note from my editor, "No condom for anal sex? Or did I miss the condom somewhere before this?" I don't know why this comment made me laugh as it's not particularly funny. However, I read back through the scene looking for a condom and added one.


I get "IBF" a lot, too. (Independent body parts - you know fingers and eyeballs flying around unattached to the body).


Here's another weird editing comment, "I’m not sure why, but this is a TB no-no word. They request that it’s only used in historicals and never in a sex scene. (re: derriere)"


I like this comment a lot, "This part is awkward and the tense is off too. Do that voodoo that you do and whip it into shape. J".  Well, I like the second part of the comment.

And another, "The nodding here could be him or his cock. J". Oh, oooo...kay, guess I'll fix that.

I love this comment. "FAB! J"





And finally this, "AHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH! J"

Ashley J

















No comments:

Website Content and Copy: Ashley Ladd, 2008.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.
Graphics hosted by Flickr.