Tuesday, August 05, 2014

Book Spotlight: Zane's Choice by Mardi Maxwell



 

ZANE’S CHOICE (The Doms of Club Mystique 4) releases today. Be sure to check it out.

 

SYNOPSIS:

Beautiful, curvy, Ravyn Templeton was raised by a controlling father who forced her to marry a man she detested. Three years ago her husband, Charles Dolman, took her to a BDSM club in Houston to show her how a real woman could satisfy a man. When he chose a sub and began a scene with her, Ravyn refused to watch him and watched another Dom instead. The lesson she learned that night was what a Dom could do for a woman and ever since then the unknown Dom has haunted her dreams. After years of fighting for her freedom, Ravyn has finally managed to escape her abusive marriage only to discover her ex-husband tried to have her killed.

 

Zane Ramsey is an Assistant District Attorney and co-owner of Club Mystique, the BDSM club he and his brothers built on their Texas ranch. He’s also the Dom Ravyn saw three years ago in Houston. When they finally meet they’re instantly attracted to each other and against his better judgment Zane begins an affair with Ravyn. When her ex-husband Charles Dolman accuses her of laundering money for Carlos Mendez’ drug cartel, and Ravyn refuses to answer Zane’s questions, he leaves her. 

Ravyn is devastated but let’s Zane go to protect him. She’s being blackmailed by Carlos Mendez, and she doesn’t dare tell Zane the truth. After she’s arrested, Fate steps in and brings them together again. Now, only Zane can save her if he loves her enough to fight for her.

 

BLURB:

Beautiful, curvy, Ravyn Templeton saw Zane Ramsey in a BDSM club in Houston three years ago. He’s haunted her dreams ever since.

Zane is an Assistant District Attorney and co-owner of Club Mystique, the BDSM club he and his brothers built on their Texas ranch. When Ravyn’s ex-husband is arrested for trying to have her killed the case is assigned to Zane.

The moment Zane meets Ravyn he wants her and even though he knows having an affair with her will jeopardize his career he can’t resist her. When Ravyn’s ex-husband accuses her of laundering money for a drug cartel, and she refuses to answer Zane’s questions he leaves her.

Fate in the form of Addison Ramsey steps in and brings them together again and again. Zane has the power to save Ravyn but only if he loves her enough to fight for her.

 

FIRST ADULT EXCERPT:

“I told you from the beginning if you were guilty I wouldn’t lie for you,” Zane said, the words gritted out between clenched teeth.

“Then you shouldn’t have fucked me.” Ravyn reached up and tried to pry his fingers from her hair. “Let go, Zane.”

“This time you’ve gone too far. Be still or I’ll beat your ass.”

“You can’t. You’re the one who set the limits of our relationship.” She gave up trying to pry his hand loose. “You said fucking only. Nothing else.”

“Tell me the truth then—tell me what you know.”  

“Nothing. I don’t know anything.”

“You lie to me and then you question why I won’t—” He pulled her head back until the tendons in her neck stood out. “Just don’t lie to me again. It really pisses me off.”

Ravyn used her peripheral vision to look to her right. Everyone’s attention was focused on them. “Zane, let go. Everyone’s watching.”

“Don’t mind us,” Cade said. “You’d be surprised how often something like this happens around here lately.”

Zane shot a dirty look toward the room’s occupants then focused on her again. “Everyone out.”

A moment later Cade picked Addison up then settled in the chair behind his desk and smiled. Addison grinned at Zane then snuggled into Cade, letting him know they were staying.

 

SECOND ADULT EXCERPT:

Ravyn jumped up and turned to Zane, her hands on her hips. “You damn bastard. You want to believe I’m guilty.” She swiveled on her four inch stilettos and walked toward the door. “Sorry, Addison, I appreciate the invitation but I can’t stay here.”

“Ravyn, if you walk through that door you’ll be sorry,” Zane said.

Ravyn turned around and smiled as she backed toward the door then sent him a one finger wave as she disappeared into the hall.

Giggles swept around the room as the men cleared their throats and sent him what-are-you- going-to-do- now looks.

Zane began rolling up his sleeves as he followed her. “We’ll be right back.”

Ravyn heard his footsteps behind her as she hurried toward the front door. When he grabbed her arm and pulled her around she shoved him back and then ran for the front door. He caught up to her and wrapped his right arm around her waist then hoisted her onto his hip and carried her, kicking and screaming, into the dining room. He hooked a chair with his foot, pulled it out then sat down and pulled her over his lap.

“Don’t you dare, you bastard.” Ravyn reached back and tried to cover her butt.

In seconds he had her skirt shoved up around her waist. “You’ve been begging for this for months, Ravyn.” Zane ran his hand over her plump ass then snapped the strap of the thong that separated her rounded cheeks and laughed when she screamed as it stung her anus.

“I have not.” She kicked her legs and felt him shove her shoes from her feet before he swept her panties down her legs.

“Yes, you have and I’m going to give you a taste of what you think you want.” He tangled her panties around her ankles, restraining her legs then stroked his hand up the back of her legs to her butt. 

Ravyn grabbed the leg of the chair and lifted her torso. Zane hooked one leg over hers then held her in place by pressing his hand against the small of her back. He rubbed and squeezed her ass until she moaned.

“I’m supposed to have a safeword and a list of limits.”

“Pick a safeword.”

“Guilty,” Ravyn said, then screeched when he swatted her ass. “Let me up, damn you.”

 “You said you wanted to be my sub. Well, I’ve got news for you, princess, in this house there are rules for subs and you’ve just broken several of them,” he swatted her rounded ass five times as he talked, “and, you don’t air our personal business in front of my family and friends.” Zane swatted her another five times, each swat harder than the last while he ignored her screams. “Subs don’t cuss in this house.” He swatted her five more times. “No disrespecting a Dom in this house and that goes double for me.” Five more swats landed on her ass.

 

 


 






 

Author interview questions:


1) Why do you write (erotic) romance?

 

I love reading romance but I always wanted to know what went on behind the closed bedroom door. With erotic romance I can not only read some really hot sex scenes but I can write them too. I really enjoy coming up with new scenes for my readers.

2) What romance subgenres do you write in? Why?

 

Contemporary erotic romance that turned into contemporary erotic romance suspense. lol I’m also beginning a series soon that will be something a little different but still have the Ramsey’s and Thor and his men popping up every now and then.

3) Are you aware of any themes that run through your stories? If so, what are they?

 

My heroes and heroines have issues to deal with from their pasts before they can get their happy ending. So far my heroines all seem to have secrets that they’re protecting and their men have to discover. My heroes are Doms and protectors who never expect to fall in love (all of them except Logan Ramsey – he wants to fall in love  J)

4) What would you like readers to take away from your stories?

Memorable characters and the yearning to read more about them.

5) What inspires your stories?

 

Good looking men and a dirty imagination.

6) Will you be attending any book or writing conferences this year? If yes, which ones? Where and when?

 

None this year but I’ll be at the Novel Experience in Las Vegas in April 2015. I’m still looking at several other events I want to attend, including one in Dallas in May 2015.

7) What is your writing schedule?

 

I usually write throughout the day for several hours at a time and then I take a break and garden or swim or see my friends then go back to writing. I get most of my writing done late at night since I’m a night owl.

8) Do you have any other passions besides writing? If yes, what are they? Why?

 

I love to travel and see new things. I especially love road trips with no destination in mind – just choose a direction and drive. I never know what I’m going to find. Sometimes I will choose one thing I want to see and then find things along the way to stop and explore.

9) What is your favorite comfort food?

 

Scalloped potatoes with ham.

10) What relaxes you?

 

Swimming, watering my garden, watching comedies, kicking back in my rocking recliner and daydreaming.

11) What is your favorite guilty pleasure?

 

Goodness, too many to list. Cheese popcorn is #1 followed by really good jerky.

12) What decade has been your favorite? Why?


This one because I tend to live in the moment and just be thankful for the blessings of the past.

13) What is your favorite way(s) to promote?

 

Anyway I can think up. I like to think outside the box and try new things.

14) Where is your favorite place to write? Why?

 

In my rocking recliner in my office. I put a little travel pillow and a large wooden cutting board on my lap. The cutting board has groove on it for pens. Then I put my laptop on that and just start typing. This way I can rock and write at the same time. It works for me.

15) What was your favorite vacation?

 

Road trips to any state with mountains. I love driving through the mountains and finding out of the way places. 

16) If you didn’t write, what would you do instead?

 

Cry.


17) If you could describe yourself in only one word, what would it be? Why?

 

Curious. I’ve always loved to learn and I love doing research for my books.

18) What is the one thing you most want to do that you haven’t yet?

 

I’d love to take that cruise around the world that takes a year. That would be so interesting.

19) Please tell us about your most recent release and where we can purchase it.

 

Zane’s Choice (The Doms of Club Mystique 4) comes out today August 5, 2014 at www.bookstrand.com/zanes-choice

 

20) Please give us your urls and your publisher’s url.

 

Buy links:


http://www.bookstrand.com

http://www.amazon.com/Mardi-Maxwell/e/B00HUWU9FM/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_pop_1

http://store.kobobooks.com/en-us/Search?Query=mardi+maxwell


UK - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Love-Mystique-Siren-Publishing-Allure-ebook/dp/B00HQ0IPEK

Australia - http://www.amazon.com.au/Love-Mystique-Siren-Publishing-Allure-ebook/dp/B00HQ0IPEK


Follow me:

http://www.mardimaxwell.com





21) Is there anything else you’d like to share with your readers? Please do so here. There is a fifth and final book in The Doms of Club Mystique series coming out hopefully this fall in October or thereabouts. After it I’ll be moving on the The Men of the Larkin Agency staring with Thor Larkin.

AUTHOR BIO:

I was born in Utah but I’ve traveled throughout America and lived in sunny California, west Texas and the mountains of Colorado. I wrote my first erotic romance in the summer of 2013. It was accepted and published that same year. Since then I’ve written three more books in the Doms of Club Mystique series. At this time I’m busy writing the fifth and final book in the series. My heroes are tough cowboys with military backgrounds and my heroines are strong, sassy and submissive. I want the reader to fall in love with my characters and feel their pain and their joy so I put a lot of emotions and suspense in my books.

 

Other than writing, I love to read, travel, garden, swim and hike with my family, as well as go to the local drive-in movie with a carload of friends and a huge container of home-made cheese popcorn.

 

No comments:

Website Content and Copy: Ashley Ladd, 2008.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.
Graphics hosted by Flickr.