Sunday, February 08, 2009

Taking Chances

I have another new book releasing tomorrow, just in time for Valentine's Day. And today is my second child's 27th birthday. So I have a lot to celebrate even if I feel like I'm in a time warp being old enough to have a 27 year old son. Worse, I also have a 28 year old son. You know what I mean. As a romance writer and lover, every day is a day full of love and romance for me. I don't need one special day to celebrate, although I still love it. That's why when I heard about the Valentine's Day anthology at Total-E-Bound.com I had to join in. What better way to give back to my chosen profession? A Valentine's collection of secret liaisons... A long-time secret admirer of star pitcher Blake, geeky nerd Wes asks Blake to make him over into his fantasy man - for someone else. Geeky nerd Wes Donovan has a secret crush on Blake Kircherner, star pitcher of his baseball team. Unfortunately, the only time Blake seems to notice him is when he's making the last out for their team and losing another game. With Valentine's Day and the team's annual Valentine's Day party coming up, he can't stand the thought of going dateless again. So he asks Blake to make him into a new man and help him make their coach Clay, jealous. In reality, Blake's the one he hopes to make jealous and to win after he's transformed into Blake's fantasy man.

Night of the Senses


by Victoria Blisse | Sierra Cartwright | Kim Dare | Desiree Holt | Jessica Jarman | Ashley Ladd | An anthology of sensory delights, packed full of BDSM stories - one story of each sense: sight, smell, taste, touch, hearing, and extra-sensory! Welcome to Paradise by Ashley Ladd

Determined to live life by her own rules, Jordan's more than ready to devour two yummy men, what her religious father thinks, be damned. Eager to escape the bitter cold of the frigid Northwest and especially her strict, overzealous religious father, Jordan seeks a new life in sunny Florida at a resort called Paradise. When she meets the proprietors, Evan and Chris, she's ready to try new, titillating things with the yummy pair, even blindfolded BDSM and especially ménage a trois. She reasons that if the men in her father's religion can have more than one wife, she certainly can have more than one husband.

In "Welcome to Paradise" which is part of the "Night of the Senses" anthology, I've really pushed the limits. Of course it's BDSM and MMF which not long ago was REALLY pushing my limits. No, I mean something else. What I mean is I took a chance with the heroine's characterization and her father's. I could make enemies. I thought about changing it, toning it down, to make it more politically correct. My editor said she really likes it as is. I hope the majority of my readers will. I fully expect at least one or two to be put off. But living life means taking chances - my life anyway. How often do you push the envelope? All the time? Ever? Wouldn't life be boring if we never did? You'll also want to see what Amarinda Jones, Anika Hamilton, Anny Cook, Barbara Huffert, Brynn Paulin, Bronwyn Green, Dakota Rebel, Kelly Kirch, Molly Daniels, Sandra Cox, Regina Carlysle, and Cindy Spencer Pape are up to, so make sure to visit them also. :)

No comments:

Website Content and Copy: Ashley Ladd, 2008.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.
Graphics hosted by Flickr.