Thursday, April 08, 2010

Bookville - New Chat Forum & How To Get Your Own Chat Forum

Have you heard of Bumble Town? Nabble?

No, I didn't say Farmtown.

"Bumble Town" is the Bumbles new chat forum and the inspiration for my new chat forum "Bookville".

Nabble is the site that helps bloggers to create a simple chat forum.

I promise, it's simple to set up a chat forum on Nabble.

Go to http://www.nabble.com/

Click on "Start a Free Forum".

You will be taken to a page that says "Nabble - Start Your Forum". Fill in the requested fields. Then click "Create Forum".

Then embed your forum's html code into your blog. On blogger go to "Layout", "Edit Pages", "Edit HTML", then "Publish Post".

After that you may change your avatar, set up a signature, and change other settings. To do so click on your name (example: AshleyLadd) which will be in the upper right hand side of your page. It will be an underlined link.

Then advertise your new forum and start chatting.

Like I need something else to take time away from my writing.

*If you left a comment for Marcia James on my blog yesterday, be sure to check back tonight after 6 for the announcement of her free book winner.

Recent posts you might like to read:

Author Interview: Marcia James

Author Interview: Elaine Hopper

Weathering A Bad Review


What Do You Want in a Romance Hero & What Do You Want in a Real Life Husband?

Rejection: Where Do You Go Next?

Procrastination

Cliche or Coincidence?

Incognito: free short story

Dedicating Books

You'll also want to see what Amarinda Jones, Anika Hamilton, Anny Cook, Barbara Huffert, Brynn Paulin, Bronwyn Green, Dakota Rebel, Kelly Kirch, Molly Daniels, Sandra Cox, Regina Carlysle, and Cindy Spencer Pape are up to, so make sure to visit them also. :)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I'll have to check it out. I need another distraction, seeing as I'm not writing these days. LOL

Molly Daniels said...

I was in a slight hurry yesterday when I read your post, but wanted to let you know I enjoyed Marcia's interview! I LOVE her promo tips:)

As for nabble...I've got more distractions than I need at the moment. That's another reason I'm not twitting (yet).

Unknown said...

I know what you mean Molly. I used to be such a prolific writer. Now I blog. I wouldn't say Twitter is stopping the writing as that takes maybe a minute at a time. But blogging??? That is a distraction.

Unknown said...

Amber - it looks like you're writing. Every time I visit your blog - which is almost daily - I see a new book being released. :)

Sandra Cox said...

Sounds like fun.

Sandra Cox said...

PS Thanks for the directions.

Website Content and Copy: Ashley Ladd, 2008.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.
Graphics hosted by Flickr.