Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Author Interview with Lyssa Layne


Please join me in welcoming author Lyssa Layne, author of “Love Is A Fire”. Be sure to check out my interview with her then find out more about her book.

Ashley

 

Author interview with Lyssa Layne:


Why do you write romance?

I write romance because I hate drama in real life but love creating it in stories.


What would you like readers to take away from your stories?

That true love always finds a way to make things work.



What inspires your stories?

Honestly? My first story came to me from watching too many medical and firefighter dramas on t.v.!



Will you be attending any book or writing conferences this year? If yes, which ones? Where and when?

Not this year but hoping to hit up a few in 2015, possibly in Florida, Wisconsin, and/or Kentucky.


What is your writing schedule?


As soon as my daughter goes to bed, I rush around to do my daily “chores” then plop down to let my fingers start typing.


Do you have any other passions besides writing? If yes, what are they? Why?

Of course, my daughter is number one and we do all kinds of fun, crazy things together. Another issue that I’m passionate about is infertility. It’s something that I experienced personally and I plan to write it into a fictional story, as well as share my story, but I’m just not quite ready to tackle that project yet.

What is your best memory?
Fishing with my grandparents when I was younger. I refused to touch the fish so we had a whole system going…Grandpa would bait the hook and cast, I would reel it in, and then Grandma would take it off the hook. It’s a simple memory but it reminds me of simple times when I was with those that loved me most.


What is your favorite comfort food?

My mom’s homemade chocolate frosting! What relaxes you?

Sun-When I was on maternity leave, I’d walk outside and just sit on our front porch soaking in the sun and enjoying the peacefulness of it.



What is your favorite guilty pleasure?

Me time…I’m a mom so I totally feel guilty about that but I need it!



What decade has been your favorite? Why?

Totally ‘90s!!! Great music, good fashion, and I was a kid so I had no responsibilities.



What is your favorite way(s) to promote?

I love interacting with my fans or having my characters interact with fans through takeovers and giveaway contests.



Where is your favorite place to write? Why?

In my big, comfy brown chair…plenty of space to lounge and spread out.



What is your favorite fairy tale? Why?

For some reason, I’ve always loved Peter Pan…something about never growing up.



What was your favorite vacation?

My mom took me to Egypt in 2007, it was an amazing experience to see the Great Pyramid and learn about their culture.

If you have/had another career, what was it?

Well, I would love to make  a career out of writing, but alas, my day job calls at the rec center.

If you didn’t write, what would you do instead?


All sorts of awesome, Pinterest activities with my kiddo! Oh and try all the desserts I’ve pinned too.


If you could have one wish, what would it be?

Health, happiness, and peace for everyone worldwide.



If you could describe yourself in only one word, what would it be? Why?

Loud-ask anyone, they’d agree!



Who was your favorite American Idol contestant this year? Why? (only if you watch the show)

Never watch this show!



Are you a cat or dog person? Do you have any pets and if so, please tell us about them.

Dog!!! I have two furbabies. The first is Shadow, the hundred-pound black buffalo eh lab, who thinks he’s lap dog. The other is the princess pup Emma who is a mix of a little bit of everything. Emma and I have been together longer than my husband and I have!



What is the one thing you most want to do that you haven’t yet?

Lose the baby weight!



Please tell us about your most recent release and where we can purchase it.

My debut novel, Love is a Fire, came out in May. It’s the first in the Burning Lovesick Series. It introduces us to Dr. Katy Malone, who has sworn off love, and Nick Garrity, hunky fireman who’s looking for “the one.” The sequel and book #2 of the Burning Lovesick Series, Burst Into Flame, will be released in September.

The official synopsis for Love is a Fire:

“Love is a fire. But whether it is going to warm your heart or burn your house down, you can never tell.” -Joan Crawford

Dr. Katy Malone has sworn off love after losing those she loves most in her life including her father, a member of the FDNY. She has decided to spend her time focusing on her medical research. Her ex-fiancée, and fellow doctor, isn't ready to give up on loving her though.

Firefighter Nick Garrity is on a search for the future Mrs. Garrity. As he pushes thirty, with no prospects in sight, he's afraid he'll never find her. A devoted member of FDNY, he loves the thrill of his job and the satisfaction it brings him. He strives to teach the proby firefighter, Patrick Doyle, the ropes and pass on his passion to him.

When Doyle tries to impress the guys on the crew, he ends up in the care of Dr. Katy Malone. One look at Dr. Malone and Nick knows he's found his future wife but can he convince her to love again?




Please give us your urls and your publisher’s url.






Is there anything else you’d like to share with your readers? Please do so here.

I hope you take a chance with Love is a Fire and Burst Info Flame. I fell in love with all the characters and I hope you will too! I also love to interact with fans and am always looking for reviewers so if you’re interested, please contact me!



THIS OR THAT QUESTIONS:

Blue jeans or fancy dress? Blue jeans and hoodie all the way!

Barefoot or high heels? Totally barefoot

Cook or eat out? Eat out

Type or write by hand? Type

Email or letters? Letters, nothing beats an old-fashioned snail mail

Bananas or apples? Apples…you can make more delicious desserts with them!

Fancy hotel or camp out? Tough but I’m going to go with fancy hotel, I hate bug bites!

Coffee, tea, or soda? Nice, cold glass of sweet, SWEET tea

Captain Jack Sparrow or Will Turner? Not a fan of that movie

Quiet dinner with a good friend or two, or big party? Quiet dinner with great friends!

 

Book_Cover2.jpg

Book Info:

 

Title: Love is a Fire

Series: Burning Lovesick, Book 1

Author: Lyssa Layne

Genre: Romance, Chick-Lit

Release: May 28, 2014

Word Count: 51,000

Cover Artist: Denny Blackwell




“Love is a fire. But whether it is going to warm your heart or burn your house down, you can never tell.” –Joan Crawford

Dr. Katy Malone has sworn off love after losing those she loves most in her life including her father, a member of the FDNY. She has decided to spend her time focusing on her medical research. Her ex-fiancé, and fellow doctor, isn’t ready to give up on loving her though.

Firefighter Nick Garrity is on a search for the future Mrs. Garrity. As he pushes thirty, with no prospects in sight, he’s afraid he’ll never find her. A devoted member of FDNY, he loves the thrill of his job and the satisfaction it brings him. He strives to teach the proby firefighter the ropes and pass on his passion to him.

When the proby tries to impress the guys on the crew, he ends up in the care of Dr. Katy Malone. One look at Dr. Malone and Nick knows he’s found his future wife, but can he convince her to love again?

 

Author Bio:

 

re_edit_19-1.jpg

 

Lyssa Layne is first, and foremost, the proud momma to her precious daughter, AR. In addition to working full-time and being a mommy to AR, she is also an avid St. Louis Cardinals fan, a runner, blogger, and an infertility survivor.

Having watched one too many medical dramas and being inspired by author Rachelle Ayala, who introduced her to the world of indie writing, Lyssa decided to try her hand at writing a romance story. Her attempt turned into the Burning Lovesick series. You can find Lyssa’s own interests throughout her stories although all stories are fictional.

 

You can visit Lyssa’s writing blog at http://www.lyssalayne.wordpress.com. You can also follow her on Twitter @layne_lyssa or check out her Facebook page at Lyssa Layne

 

Don’t forget to add Love is a Fire to your bookshelf on Goodreads!


 

 

No comments:

Website Content and Copy: Ashley Ladd, 2008.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.
Graphics hosted by Flickr.