1) Is there a story behind this book or any of the characters you'd like to share with us? Thanks for asking! There is. I debated for a long time about my Heroine’s name. A few people had wrinkled their noses when I’d mentioned the heroine of my book would be Harley. I was told it wasn’t a very feminine name. In fact, one person said it reminded them of a burly man! LOL. I decided then and there, she would be Harley. There is an underlying theme of not everything is what it seems in the Wild Hunt series. Part of this is because of the magic in the books that veils the evil fae. But also, the good guys in this series are the children of the devil (aka, Aaron, Lord of the Underworld) and they also have a scary, monstrous side much like Harley does.
2) What was the inspiration for this book? The Wild Hunt myth inspired this series. I’d always been fascinated about it. There are so many versions of this myth but all described it as a wild and untamed force. I’d always wondered why. Hunter Betrayed is my reason for it.
3) If you used a real setting, how intimate are you with it? Have you been there just to visit or have you lived there? Or did you do a lot of research about it? Hunter Betrayed’s story takes place partially in the Catskill Mountains of New York. I have vacationed there several times and loved it. I’d gladly return.
4) Did you fall in love with you hero(es)? Why? I fell in love with both Calan and Harley. Calan is a strong alpha male, but his love of his siblings and mate makes him into a true hero, someone who’ll sacrifice everything to ensure his loved ones are happy. Harley’s endurance is inspiring. She’s been fighting a seemingly losing battle for years with yet still she gets up every day and does the best she can.
5) How long did it take to write this book and how long before you found a publisher? It took me about two months to write it and my editor accepted it immediately!
6) What was the toughest part about writing this book? Did any characters misbehave and if so, how? Well…they were a bit affectionate. I ended up cutting two sex scenes from the final version because the pace of the story didn’t allow for the intimate moments. They argued about losing the one, but I just couldn’t justify it.
7) What do you like to do when you need a break from writing? I love to exercise. I put in ear buds, grab my kindle or tablet and hop on the elliptical. It clears my mind and energizes me.
8) Where do you usually write? Do you write in silence or with music or other background sounds? I write anywhere and everywhere! I work full-time, have three school-aged children and a busy schedule. Most of my writing is done on my home computer, but I have a tablet I take with me to sporting events. When I can’t carry it, there’s always my phone. Depending on where I am determines if I listen to music or not. It blocks the world around me. Oftentimes, though I’ll listen to “mood music” to help set the pace of a scene.
9) Tell us a little more about what makes you tick. I have a bit of an OCD personality and I’m slightly obsessed with numbers. Everyone in my family including my pets has five letters in their first name. I didn’t intentionally do it, but by the time my third child was born, I HAD to name him something with five letters, because well, he was the fifth member of the family too ;-)
10) Is this book part of a series and if so, tell us about the series please. Hunter Betrayed is book one of the Wild Hunt series. It kicks off a dangerous game where the pawns are the Huntsmen. Each successive book will feature a Huntsman and his (or her!) battle to save themselves and the world. Hunter Forsaken, book 2, will be releasing soon!