I love a happily-ever-after. I left The Amazing Spiderman 2 wanting to rewrite the ending.
2) What romance subgenres do you write in? Why?
I write sweet and steamy. I like both alpha and beta heroes. Readers of sweet don’t tend to like alpha heroes, so those are my more sensitive guys. Readers of steamy appreciate an alpha male who isn’t always politically correct with the ladies. In either case, it takes a strong woman to show a person he’s a better man with love in his life.
3) Are you aware of any themes that run through your stories? If so, what are they?
Outsiders and fish-out-of-water.
4) What would you like readers to take away from your stories?
To quote Huey Lewis: The Power of Love. My characters are changed by the end of the story.
5) What inspires your stories?
People. We’re all so quirky.
6) Will you be attending any book or writing conferences this year? If yes, which
ones? Where and when?
I always attend the Romance Writers of America conference. In 2015, it’ll be in NY.
7) Do you have any book signings or author appearances coming soon? If yes, where and when?
I’m overbooked on writing deadlines this year. I’m a hermit.
8) What is your writing schedule?
I write a book for Harlequin Heartwarming every 4 months. During that time I’m also writing something for my indie series or a special project. For example, this year I was asked to participate in 2 different holiday novella sets – one for Harlequin, one for a group of sweet indie authors.
9) Do you have any other passions besides writing? If yes, what are they? Why?
I love DIY around the house. For Mother’s Day, Mr. Curtis bought me a spray rig. To-date, I’ve painted an exterior porch and fence. I want to get good enough to refinish my kitchen cabinets. My mom was a painter, but I can’t paint a picture.
10) What is the best memory?
All the best memories have laughter.
11) What is your favorite comfort food?
Grilled cheese sandwich. Did you know Starbucks sells them now? Sweet!
12) What relaxes you?
A cup of coffee.
13) What is your favorite guilty pleasure?
A glass of Jordan Chardonnay…heaven
14) What decade has been your favorite? Why?
This one. My kids are young adults and all away at college. I’m not required to make a dinner that pleases 5. Just me and Mr. Curtis.
15) What is your favorite way to promote?
Facebook. Look for some great giveaways this fall.
16) Where is your favorite place to write? Why?
My office. I have a corner desk with lots of space. It’s always cluttered.
As a kid, I loved Snow White, mostly because of those 7 dwarves. But as an adult, I love the way movies redo the Cinderella story.
18) What was your favorite vacation?
Maui. Hands down. So relaxing. Although my brother dragged us to the Big Island this year and it comes in a close second.
19) If you had another career, what was it?
Marketing consultant. I was a “fixer”. If your brand wasn’t selling, I could figure out why and turn things around…if it wasn’t too late.
20) If you didn’t write, what would you do instead?
Go back to being a marketing consultant, although babysitting grandma has a nice feel to it.
World peace. It used to be a cliché, but we should all be wishing for it.
22) If you could describe yourself in only one word, what would it be?
Wired. I can’t stand not being plugged in. I can’t stand not being caffeinated. I go at a pace that seems to exhaust everyone around me.
23) Who is your favorite American Idol contestant this year? Why?
24) Are you a cat or dog person? Do you have any pets and if so, please tell us about them.
Dog person. I got a puppy last year – a Shorkie (half Shitzu/half Yorkie). When we first got her, she yapped at everything because she was afraid of everything (she was only 3 pounds). I signed up with a dog trainer. Tally is now a confident 1-year old dog. She loves swimming in the pool, going to Home Depot, and fireworks. The fireworks surprise me (but they must sound like other yapping dogs)
25) What is the one thing you most want to do that you haven’t yet?
Cruise the Mediterranean. We’re doing that in 2015, but only because my brother has a bucket list and is dragging us there for 2 weeks. LOL!
26) You state on your blog that you embrace midlife and plan to live to the fullest. How are you doing that?
Coffee and wine. My life right now is about transitions. I go-go-go at my desk, then need a little help easing into the evening.
27) Please tell us about your most recent release and where we can purchase it.
28) Please give us your urls and your publisher’s url.
29) Is there anything else you’d like to share with your readers? Please do so here.