Friday, October 19, 2007

My birthday present to myself

I've just promised myself I'm giving me a birthday present...and a Christmas present. I'm going to lose 10 pounds by my birthday - November 21st. I'm also going to lose ANOTHER 10 pounds by Christmas. And then another 10 by Valentine's Day. I worked out at the gym for almost 2 hours last night, on top of already having over 4000 steps and catching for my daughter's pitching/softball. I did at least 100 stomach crunches, and hundreds of leg weight lifts, and other weights, and then I walked for an hour as I watched Emergency on the gym's TV. Of course, I didn't plan on having my friend Linda at work put a huge blueberry muffin on my desk this morning. And then of course, there's my granddaughter's birthday party tomorrow and my son usually has pizza and cake and ice cream for all the birthdays... Then my daughter wants to go on a hayride tomorrow night where they roast marshmallows and s'mores over the bonfire... I'm chanting to myself "birthday present, birthday present". I've not touched the muffin yet. I'm going to try to hide it and take it home for the kids. I don't want to hurt Linda's feelings, however. But I always want to stay strong and make my goal. So I'll try to avoid the pizza and cake tomorrow, too. I don't know how I'll fit the gym into my tight schedule tomorrow. I'll try tonight, but my daughter has a game, and I still have to shop for my granddaughter's birthday gift. Walmart's open all night, right? So I can go to the gym after the game and work out till they close at 11, and then head to Walmart. Then I can get up early tomorrow morning before Steph's game where we have to be by 9:30 am, so I can work out early. Sleep is optional, right? And when will I find time to write? I took my laptop to her game the other night. But it will only hold a charge for an hour (grumble grumble). That doesn't let me write very long. So the Rocky theme song's playing in my head. We used to do a flag routine to it back in my high school football days. That was fun. I'm going to have to buy the soundtrack and download it to my MP3 player. Focus, focus, focus. Eye of the Tiger... 10 pounds gone by November 21. 20 pounds gone by December 25.

No comments:

Website Content and Copy: Ashley Ladd, 2008.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.
Graphics hosted by Flickr.