Saturday, May 31, 2008

Home Again

I'm home - home as in Cincinnati, the place where I grew up.

Not just the town, but the house, with my dad.

It's so good but so weird. I don't get home often, unfortunately.

Anyway, the area's built up a lot, and not in a really good way, also unfortunately. It looks haphazard and there's no great master plan for a beautiful city - well, not in the Colerain area. I've not seen the rest of town yet.

Everything looks smaller.

Dad's woods are mostly gone and it looks like a golf course - he did that. He was afraid trees would fall on the house plus he loves golf.




There's a lot more traffic out on Colerain Ave all the way down to Old Colerain.

Oh well... There's bound to be change in 30 years.















I found these pics on Dad's computer of my last vacation with him four years ago. How do you like our snowman? The facial features, of course, are Dad's golf balls. If you knew him, it'd make perfect sense. It was such a pathetic little snowman, but because it was the first time I'd played in the snow for about 15 years and because Dad helped me make him, it was my favorite snowman of all time.

I'm spoiled because my small town in Florida is planned and so it's been kept very pretty and it's won the governor's award for best city in Florida several times. However, the city can be a pain as they have so many regulations and code enforcements.

I'm enjoying being with dad and because I'm here primarily to be with him, let me not stay on the computer any longer.

I'll pop on and off a lot, don't fret. Maybe more, maybe less than usual when I'm slave to the day job. I'll play it by ear. His internet connection's much slower than mine.

Oh! I had to stop in and get REAL White Castles on the way to Dad's house. They're not that much different than the frozen ones in the store. Maybe I should've stopped at Frisch's for a Buddy Boy. What I really need to do now is to hop on Dad's treadmill.

I'm definitely psyched to go to Lori Foster's Readers N Writers' event next weekend. I also need to let the rest of the family know I'm here.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad to hear you are having a good time with your Dad

Anonymous said...

It's nice to get home once in awhile. Enjoy your time with your dad.

Unknown said...

It's so great just to hang out with him even though we're just doing very normal things like grocery shopping and talking a lot. I've missed him so much.

Website Content and Copy: Ashley Ladd, 2008.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.
Graphics hosted by Flickr.